- Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
- We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
- Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.
- All the world’s a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages.
- Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
- It is the stars, The stars above us, govern our conditions.
- If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us shall we not revenge?
- What a piece of work is a man, how noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god.
- If we are marked to die, we are enough to do our country loss; and if to live, the fewer men, the greater share of honor.
7 thoughts on “Famous Quotes by William Shakespeare”
You can pick any from him and be good.
That is so true! I will be posting more from him as I grow. I also have an older friend who loves Shakespeare and is educating me more and more about him.
He was brilliant of course… sometimes I dont’ get what he is saying at times until I studying it for a bit.
Thank goodness I’m not the only one who sometimes has to study some of the things he says! He’s just way out there with his verbiage, and it leaves you scratching your head until you read it over again.
It’s like reading the King James Bible at times…you have reread things…at least I do.
Yes, that’s exactly what it is like. I have to reread the Bible verses too. 🙄
Yes, you sure can!